Jordanian Interior Minister Mazen Al-Faraya announced the cancellation of prior approvals for Jordanian departures to Syria.
The Jordanian (Ammon) Agency stated that Al-Faraya revealed, during his visit today, Thursday, to the Jaber Gate, opposite the Nassib crossing on the Syrian border, their intention to reopen the Jordanian-Syrian free zone after considering an appropriate mechanism for that.
Al-Faraya said, “The Prime Minister directed to take quick measures at the crossing to facilitate the citizens and facilitate the movement of goods, and to cancel the work of the “Back to back” system, whether for arrivals or departures for freight and for passengers as well.”
“during the next week, work will begin with the mechanism that will be followed with regard to all procedures and according to the directives”, he added.
He pointed out that “last week, there was great overcrowding on the Syrian and Jordanian side, and the rate of freight cars entering daily was about 70,” noting that “the workers at the crossing worked diligently, and the daily number was increased to more than 300 cars.”
The Jordanian Prime Minister, Bishr Al-Khasawneh, directed the Minister of Interior to stop the work of the reciprocal transport system, “Back to Pack” for freight, as soon as possible without compromising health requirements.
“The government is able to deal with a number greater than 150 people per day,” Al-Khasawneh said during his visit to the Jaber border crossing on Thursday morning, regarding the cross-border arrivals platform, requesting access to 500 people per day within at least a week.
He stressed that there are no obligations left to prevent Jordanians from crossing the Jaber border, requesting that arrangements be made to allow Jordanians from outside the categories currently allowed to leave, and put them into practice so that the Jaber crossing becomes a functional one. According to what was reported by the Ammon News Agency.
Last May, Jordan announced the opening of Jaber Crossing – the Jordanian side of the Nassib Crossing – months after it was closed, and at that time it set the number of passengers allowed to cross daily at 150 people.
“Nassib” crossing was opened in October 2018, three years after it was closed after the armed factions took control of the area, so the “understandings” between the two sides returned again after the Syrian army took control of the crossing.
لتصلك أحدث الأخبار يمكنك متابعة قناتنا على التلغرام https://t.me/hashtagsy